Monday, 14 January 2013

Back to coptic binding

Hello! I'm currently in the process of making several coptic bound notebooks, and knitting squares to make a cushion cover, and sewing some heart decorations. Yes, the muse has returned, and I'm trying to keep up as best I can...

This is a notebook I finished recently. I've just added it to my Etsy shop - Glueing and Sticking - to replace one that I sold before Christmas. Yes you did read that correctly. I actually sold one! To a friend at work, admittedly, but still, it's a start.





I was making these A6 notebooks mainly because of the orientation of the paper I was using for the signatures. It's A4, so the grain goes in the wrong direction to make A5 journals. However, I am making a couple of A5s now, using A1 paper for the signatures. And they will be appearing in my Etsy shop (and here!) soon.

For now though, I'm going to take a break from book binding and do my knitting in front of the TV. Bye for now ;)


3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely a start! And i'm not one bit surprised that you sold one. They're beautiful books! I'll be checking out your Etsy shop soon... xox

    ReplyDelete